Friday, October 22, 2010

Hey, look at how much money we have!!!

One of the biggest advertising turn-offs for me is when the tactic that is being used is blatantly obvious. It's like when someone comes up to you, starts being friendly, talks to and asks questions about you but then they try to sell you something. I can't help but think, "Look buddy, I know you really don't want to be my friend and the only reason you came up to talk to me is because you want my money." This next commercial is a great example of this.



Can you say sell-out? It's interesting to note that, other than the giant mascot oreo, the commercial doesn't say or show anything about the actual product. It's just a cheap flash of famous people. Good job Nabisco, now we all know that you have way too much money that you can waste millions of it paying Shaq and other C-list celebrities to appear on your commercial. That doesn't make me want to buy your product.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It does however make me want to dress up like them for Halloween, so they succeeded there

Matthew Nixon said...

Haha, you're right. That would be a pretty sweet Halloween costume. I guess the commercial wasn't a waste after all. Thanks for the comment Jennifer.