Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wait........ what was that commercial about?

Keeping with the theme of commercials that use cheap tactics that are blatantly obvious, I give the following.



The cheap advertising tactic used in this commercial, and all GoDaddy.com commercials for that matter, is even more blatantly obvious than the Oreo commercial previously discussed. Again, the commercial doesn't mention or advertise anything about what the company actually does. Instead, it shows a sexually tempting image that stops abruptly with the intent to get the viewer to visit GoDaddy.com to view the rest of the video. Now, while I cannot be 100% sure because I am hesitant to test what will happen if I watched the video on the website, I can only imagine that to the viewer who is hoping to get an eyeful of sexually explicit images it would only end up being a disappointing experience. Personally though, even if I were someone who would be tempted by the hollow promise of images of naked women, knowing that GoDaddy is essentially trying to dupe me into visiting their website and purchasing a website domain is enough reason for me to refuse to be a pawn in their little game.

3 comments:

Araignée said...

Scary. I'd never seen their ads, but I have a domain name through them because they are cheap. Had I seen this I might've avoided it altogether on principle...

Brian Clayton said...

Yeah, I had seen these ads before too, and I never knew what they were advertising. The commercials really confuse me. I mean, really? Who are they marketing/

Kasia Sue said...

They register domains? I was under the impression they were advertising a website for adult content.